JMS Wind Energy is seeking an experienced self-starting Structured Cable Lead Technician for a full-time traveling position to provide leadership with the installation, termination, and testing of various types of voice and data cables as well as security/access control equipment.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
Technicians MUST have experience working with various cables that include, but are not limited to; twisted pair, coax, Category 5, Category 6, single and multi-mode fiber optic cables. Cable installation includes; pulling, placement, terminating, testing, and labeling. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus, but not needed. IDF/MDF, rack install, fiber termination and testing experience a plus. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
Essential job duties include:
- Install, fusion splice, label, and test optical fiber systems in manholes, aerial plant, and on customer sites.
- Installs all types of connectors.
- Performs pigtail and fusion splicing of fiber optic cabling.
- Performs pre and post-tests on all installed or existing networks using OTDR and power meter.
- Routes cable in communication room for ISP and OSP.
- Dresses and prepares cable into closures and fan-out and prepare bare fiber.
- Enforces company and customer safety rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Supports complies with and participates in HSE Program.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Must be willing/able to travel for weeks/months at a time; travel is required 90% of the time
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience of multiple count fiber splicing.
- Experience working in network bay and splice closet installation.
- OSP passive optic network (PON) cabinet and termination panel building.
- Possess network troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret construction maps.
- Experience with FTTH networks preferred but not required
- Strong OTDR and OLTS testing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing or via radio.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a security clearance. Hiring is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle, and background check.